Odd behavior for yum update with f10a x86_64

shmuel siegel fedora at shmuelhome.mine.nu
Wed Aug 13 20:35:07 UTC 2008

I upgrade my FC9 to f10a x86_64 on an AMD 3800+ based machine. I was up
to date on rawhide as of Sunday.
This morning I tried doing yum update kernel*. Test transaction consumed
all memory and then failed. This happened twice. Thinking that maybe my
problem came from the flash.i386 plugin (don't ask why I thought that) I
ran yum remove glibc.i386. The yum update kernel* succeeded. The only
other 32bit module that I knowingly had on my machine was wine. I hope
that this gives someone some ideas. I don't think that I can easily
reproduce the faulty environment.