Anaconda crach when upgrading from FC7 to FC9.

Francis SOUYRI francis.souyri at apec.fr
Thu Aug 14 11:48:39 UTC 2008

Hi,

    On two systems when I try do upgrade from the FC7 to the FC9 (local
CDROM or NFS) anaconda crash with an error message about an
"UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode....".
After the reboot there is no more kernel, lot of packages uninstalled on
the systems, I have to the restore.
These systems are test system so this not a problem, but I have some
production systems to upgrade...
In attachment I put the anacdump.txt file.

Best regards.

Francis