yum -y update kdepim gave Transaction Check Error

yunusf9 tester yunus.tji.nyan at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 16:03:05 UTC 2008

Hi Kevin

> yunusf9 tester <yunus.tji.nyan <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > Have anybody found the same problem as mine?
>
> You have to update everything, not just some packages.
On my system, issueing
  #yum update
make me have to download updates with total size : 513 M.
Currently I use my HP Nokia 6120 as a modem. I will try this latter when
I get USB Modem Huawei E220 next month (I hope this modem will just work
fine with F9)

> >   file /usr/share/icons/crystalsvg/16x16/actions/kalarm.png from install
> > of kdepim-3.5.9-10.fc9.x86_64 conflicts with file from package
> > crystalsvg-icon-theme-4.0.3-3.fc9.x86_64
> etc.
>
> -> You have to update at least kdelibs3 for that. There's a kdelibs3 build
> which obsoletes the crystalsvg-icon-theme which was built from kdeartwork 4
> (because the crystalsvg in current versions of kdeartwork is no longer
> compatible with KDE 3). As the crystalsvg in kdelibs3 doesn't include those
> kdepim icons, we readded them to kdepim. So the packages have to be upgraded
> together.
yes, it works.
after running:
	#yum update kdelibs
I could run below command succesfully:
	#yum groupupdate 'KDE'

> >   file /usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/apps/kipi.png from install of
> > kdegraphics-4.1.0-3.fc9.x86_64 conflicts with file from package
> > libkipi-0.1.5-4.fc9.x86_64
> etc.
>
> -> You have to update at least libkipi for that one, for similar reasons.
> (kdegraphics now includes a KDE 4 version of libkipi, and the conflicting icons
> were removed from the KDE 3 libkipi.) Please do a complete yum update from the
> stable updates before trying KDE 4.1 from testing.
>
>         Kevin Kofler
Thanks Kevin for letting me know.

yunus