Very slow password validation

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at wowway.com
Fri Aug 1 00:16:44 UTC 2008

Tomas Mraz wrote:

>> AS with Clyde, it is in gnome-terminal issuing the su - command
>> I have ssh disabled.
>
> Can you strace the process and see where it is waiting? You will have to
> attach the strace to the su process from another root shell of course.

It appears to be hanging only on the first su - instance. When I logged
in one terminal by su - and logged in the second terminal with su to
attach, it was fairly quick.

If the attachment does not give you a clue, I'll log in a regular root
console to attach. See text file attached.

Jim

--
One seldom sees a monument to a committee.