cannot connect with newer 205 kernel :(

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 1 18:49:21 UTC 2008

Dear all,

I have gotten a Wireless USB modem that works with Linux.

http://www.mycricket.com/broadband/

I have not succeeded connecting with 2.6.27 rc kernels, 0-186 so I removed it, and it had bugs (kernel oops and there is a bugzilla).  While the new kernel there appears not to be bugs, it boots and all, but when I try to connect, I am unsuccessful.  I have to use the older 2.6.26rc kernel

[olivares at localhost ~]$ uname -a
Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.26-0.44.rc4.git2.fc10.i686 #1 SMP Thu May 29 13:44:38 EDT 2008 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
[olivares at localhost ~]$

Connection bombs out with an error 1 and I have created a file with the necessary information.  I use wvdial to connect and the device is /dev/ttyACM0

[olivares at localhost ~]$ cat /etc/wvdial.conf

[Dialer Defaults]
Init2 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
Modem Type = USB Modem
Phone = #777
ISDN = 0
Username = MYUSERNAME
Init1 = ATZ
Password = MYPASSWORD.
Modem = /dev/ttyACM0
Baud = 460800
Carrier Check = no
Stupid Mode = yes

I have successfully put in all updates with 2.6.26rc kernels under rawhide.  With the new 2.6.27rc kernels, the errors always show up :(

Should you need further information, please let me know.  I have attached the erros in the file.

Thanks in advance,

Antonio