Upgrading to 10alpha

Jerry Amundson jamundso at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 01:38:06 UTC 2008

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 8:13 PM, John Summerfield
<debian at herakles.homelinux.org> wrote:
> xen on F9 is basically useless (in my hands).

And the hands of most mortals. Though unfortunate, this short hiccup
was needed, and from everything I've read there is a "light at the end
of the tunnel".

> KVM is better, but prone to hanging guests.

I was wondering... having heard that I won't go there... for
production use anyway...

> VirtualPC and VirtualServer work.

Good to know.

> I have the system principally for running virtual machines. (CentOS5 is
> pretty unsatisfactory, for any purpose except maybe a headless server) on
> the machine in question.

Mine will be my desktop work environment, so also needs the latest
features in user interface, heterogeneous systems, and sadly, Windows
- virtual and/or emulated.

jerry

--
"Years of Academy training... wasted!" - Buzz Lightyear