Encrypted root with recent rawhide kernels

Sven Lankes sven at lank.es
Thu Aug 7 19:06:53 UTC 2008

Hi,

my rawhide system uses an encrypted root-fs and I haven't been able to
boot from a kernel newer than kernel-2.6.27-0.186 at all.

When I boot with plymouth enabled (with rhgb in the grub cmdline), the
machine just hangs displaying the plymouth wait screen. Pressing escape
gets me a blank screen.

Booting without plymouth gets me

"Setting up disk encryption: /dev/sda2"
plymouth: ply-list.c:240: ply_list_unlink_node: Assertion 'ply_list_find_node (list, node->data) == ((void *)0)'

Anyone else seeing this or am I just dumb?

I don't want to file a bug without further feedback as I have a hard
time believing that I am the first one to stumble over this issue.

sven === jabber/xmpp: sven at lankes.net