Bugzilla searches went down from "so-so" to "unusable"

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Fri Aug 8 20:36:48 UTC 2008

With a "new-and-improved" bugzilla finding an existing bug seems
to border with a miracle.  "Quick search" produces something,
mostly irrelevant stuff, without any apparent order.

If you will try "Edit Search" (or to use "Advance Search" - which
goes down to the same) then upon picking up something like
"Fedora" for a "Product:" this page goes catatonic for a long
time and after that I am regalled with an alert which says:

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped
responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see
if the script will complete.

If I will try to continue then another alert of that sort will
show up.  "Stop" just stops everything and while you can get out
of there you cannot find anything at all.

On one, or maybe two, occasions I managed to find something there
but that appeared to be a fluke and I do not have hours to try
to repeat that feat.

Expect to see lots of bugzilla duplicates.

   Michal