rawhide report: 20080812 changes

Steven I Usdansky usdanskys at rocketmail.com
Wed Aug 13 01:02:13 UTC 2008

The Good:
1. most of my GNOME sounds are back.

The Bad:
 1.xorg-x11-drv-i810-2.4.0-1.fc10.i386 (fixed by xorg-x11-drv-i810-2.4.0-2.fc10.i386
 2. I boot into runlevel 3 with vga=795. Initially, my corsor keys work as they should, but something (cause unknown) causes them to stop working from the ttys (they work fine in a terminal window in X).

The ugly:
 1. GNOME startup is very slow.
 2. Sound is not totally fixed. I have to invoke pulseaudio in daemon mode before starting X to get my GNOME sounds. Furthermore, I'm still seeing warnings like
** (<unknown>:4384): WARNING **: Failed to play event sound: File or data not found
when I invoke a little lua script I wrote to pop up a simple gui for extracting audio from a flash video and when I click on a button within that script.