Anaconda crach when upgrading from FC7 to FC9.

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Thu Aug 14 14:56:15 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 07:14:17AM -0500, Jerry Amundson wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 6:48 AM, Francis SOUYRI <francis.souyri at apec.fr> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >   On two systems when I try do upgrade from the FC7 to the FC9 (local CDROM
> > or NFS) anaconda crash with an error message about an "UnicodeDecodeError:
> > 'ascii' codec can't decode....".
>
> You may have better results going f7->f8, then f8->f9. More work, I know...

I would be surprised if that would help here.  Anaconda quite likely
will choke on the same, non-English, text.

As a workaround I would try to run an upgrade after switching to
English, if only possible, and go back to French afterwards.
Numerous F7->F9 I have seen did work but every time US-English
was in use.

   Michal