Network Manager +static IP?

Joerg Bergmann email at jbergmann.de
Fri Aug 15 06:13:39 UTC 2008

I have a problem with network manager under Fedora 9.
My local network includes a DHCP server, but I want static
IP settings for this PC. With network manger service enabled
(which was the default), the network manager ignores the static
settings and grabs a DHCP lease. With network manger service
disabled, ifup eth0 gives the static IP I want. But with
network manager disabled, eth0 comes not up at boot time. How
to get eth0 up at boot time with static IP?

Thanks in advance.

Joerg Bergmann