Fedora 10 updates-testing report

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Dec 8 05:10:14 UTC 2008

On Sun, Dec 07, 2008 at 21:42:41 -0700,
  stan <eiqep_eiwo_y at cox.net> wrote:

> I ran rawhide on a separate partition a few cycles ago, and
> it became unusable after a while.  Doing a minimal install to fix that is
> fast, but putting all the customization back in isn't.

You should almost always be able to fix things without having to do a
reinstall. If you don't think that is true for you, than staying away
from rawhide and updates-testing is probably a good idea.

A good trick for fixing things is booting off a rescue disk, allowing it
to mount your file systems and changing the root to /mnt/sysimage.
If you do that yum and the like will work and you should be able to fix
things up.