Selinux and Apache

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Thu Dec 11 03:34:23 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 10:29:38 +0900,
  John Summerfield <debian at herakles.homelinux.org> wrote:

> It's not hard to serve content from alternative locations, it took me
> about five minutes, when I needed to serve from /var/local/mirror, to
> find how to do it, without asking. There are not many possible
> commands:-)

It is, however, easy to do it imcorrectly. You normally don't want
to use chcon. You want to use semanage fcontext to define patterns
of files and directories to get alternate labels and then use
restorecon to change them. If you just use chcon the file labels might
get changed back to their previous values unexpectedly.