gnome cpu at 100%, kde lost all menu

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 12:51:44 UTC 2008

--- On Wed, 12/10/08, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:

> From: Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at>
> Subject: Re: gnome cpu at 100%, kde lost all menu
> To: fedora-test-list at redhat.com
> Date: Wednesday, December 10, 2008, 10:20 PM
> Antonio Olivares wrote:
> > If I use KDE, I lost menu, most widgets cannot run
> sh*t.  What should I do
> > besides waiting for a new update.
>
> Is this Rawhide?
Yep :)
[olivares at localhost ~]$ cat /etc/fedora-release
Fedora release 10.90 (Rawhide)
[olivares at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.28-0.121.rc7.git5.fc11.i686

> The kdelibs-4.1.82 build needs a matching
> kdebase-workspace
> which we don't have yet because we're having
> trouble building kdepimlibs.
> Downgrade to kdelibs-4.1.80 for now.
>
>         Kevin Kofler
>
> --

Fair enough.  Thanks.  I updated three machines and usually I could fall back on one of the two desktops, but Gnome had a prob, but it I removed the offending package so all is well.

Regards,

Antonio