SElinux on upgraded machines

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Fri Dec 12 23:36:01 UTC 2008

On 2008-12-12, 14:57 GMT, Leam Hall wrote:
> Anything migrates easily if you know what to do. I don't yet
> see the value of adding SELinux to a desktop machine. That may
> be my lack of understanding, so I'm hoping to read the wiki
> book in a day or three. Maybe then my opinion will change.

Just an example -- how do you like the idea of random flash
programs (because, that's what they are) you hit upon on the Net
are able to read anything from your $HOME -- including .ssh/,
firefox password database, etc.? If you have SELinux in the
enforcing mode, Fedora >= 9, nspluginwrapper, flash-plugin from
Adobe yum repo, then it cannot. Otherwise, I am afraid (not 100%
sure), it can.

Matěj