problems with ATI driver, X starts and hangs :(

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 30 18:55:15 UTC 2008

applied updates and got new kernel:

kernel-2.6.29-0.6.rc0.git2.fc11

Got three machines, can boot at least one machines.  The machine with ATI card does not work correctly X starts, but hangs.  IT does not make a difference if I start in level 5 or from level 3 as soon as I startx I see the mouse pointer and the machine hangs.  I am not worrying much because school's back in Jan. 5 when the machine will be needing to work for the students to use.  Good thing I can fall back to Fedora 9 on that same machine in case the problem does not go away till then .  Just an FYI, was not going to update machines but I had to come to school for other work, so I put in updates not to get too far behind :)

Regards,

Antonio