Shtt!!

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Tue Dec 2 13:28:35 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 02, 2008 at 02:42:28PM +0200, Muayyad AlSadi wrote:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Options
> http://www.redhat.com/magazine/024oct06/features/kickstart/
> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/release-notes/f10/en_US/What_is_New_for_Installation_and_Live_Images.html#sn-Changes_in_Anaconda

Hrrm, I just tried this.  I put a directory containing the contents of
the DVD on my little internal web server.  I then copied the netinstall
iso to a USB, booted off it and chose ftp or url.   (I think that's what
it was called.)  It gave me the chance to put in my web server's URL
containing the image.

This was the x86_64 netinst.iso.

So, it worked for me as I would expect it to.

Looking at the what's new it seems as if it actually shouldn't have.
I used unetbootin to copy the image to the USB, and didn't even have to
type in askmethod.  (Choosing default, which is always unetbootin's
first choice.)

(Although unetbootin was made for Ubuntu, it also works quite well on
Fedora.  Why use it instead of the Fedora tools?  Because when I first
looked into booting from USB, for an Aspire One, it was mentioned first
when googling and I got used to it.)

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

 Cordelia: If the world doesn't end, I'm gonna need a note.