PulseAudio info needed

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Dec 3 04:03:39 UTC 2008

John Morris wrote:
   Despite the
> plans for the future, currently PA doesn't provide any must have
> features above what exists without it.   Unless somebody can identify a
> real world use case for moving a playing stream from one device to
> another.  Cute?  Oh yea.  Useful?  Not very.

.. unless you are using bluetooth headphones or streaming sound in a
terminal server or ..

It is easy to dismiss features you don't use but as the long discussions
about KDE 4 have shown that, even very obscure features in KDE 3 is
important to some users.

> Right now I'd recommend treating PA like SELinux on a desktop.  Neither
> serve a real purpose yet so leave it enabled until something blows up.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SELinux/FAQ#Is_it_useful_on_a_desktop.3F

Browser plugins are a constant source of security issues. Isolating them
via nspluginwrapper and SELinux definitely does serve a real purpose.

Rahul