Yum and Yumex

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Thu Dec 4 16:45:33 UTC 2008

> SV> yum install yum-protect-packages
>
> Which works to a point.  I suspect many of these complaints would be
> addressed if there was a relatively simple way to save the current
> package list, then install some packages to experiment, then to revert
> to the saved package list.  Could probably be done with come clever
> shell scripting, if nothing else.

If by 'revert' you mean 'remove  all the crap you installed' sure, that's
very doable and I can start working on it pronto.

if by 'revert' you mean 'downgrade  anything I upgraded and put back all
the settings that changed' then no, it's not very doable short of just
telling the user to run an lvm snapshot and revert it from there.

-sv