Laptop Support on F10- Re:How to turn a functioning laptop into something useless

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Dec 8 05:08:06 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-12-07 at 23:57 -0500, Michael Francis wrote:
> especially since there is no support for laptops at this time.

That's pretty false.  As with every Fedora release, hardware support
varies with... hardware.  For many people, the "laptop" support is just
fine (although I wouldn't call it laptop support).
Suspend/resume/hibernate/etc.. media keys, all function fine.  This is
why it's so important to have bugs filed with particular hardware
profiles (smolt!) listed.  It's not a general case thing, in fact F10
works far better on my laptop than any previous release.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!