Shtt!!

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Tue Dec 9 07:42:51 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-12-04 at 09:15 +0900, John Summerfield wrote:
> Jan Pazdziora wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 09:50:20PM -0500, Jeremy Katz wrote:
>
> Er, Jeremy, I thought you'd recall I've been using ks for years.
>
> >> You can edit the URL of the repo that's used.  We default to following
> >> what the mirror list gives back because for most people, that increases
> >> the usability of the network install _significantly_
> >>
> >> Also, note that if your ISP has a local mirror, they should really
> >> register their mirror[1] and say the netblocks they serve.  Their users
> >> will then end up getting their mirror by default and everyone can win.
> >> The same can be true for people who have a static IP and a local,
> >> private mirror -- put your IP into mirror manager and your local IP can
> >> be given back.
> >
> > Defaulting sanely is certainly good thing. However, the OP seems to
> > hit a problem when he is not able to change the URL from anaconda's
> > UI (whatever his reasons are). That would certainly be a bug,
> > wouldn't it?
> >
> Exactly.
>
> Did I mention the amount of my time it wasted?

I'm with John on this one.

I tried a network install and gave up after being able to change the URL
without any success, I gave up and downloaded the ISO images (a much
larger download.)  It seems strange that I can do a net install, and
change the values, but it doesn't seem to work.

R.
 It's much better on my side"