cannot print on rawhide

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 12:56:42 UTC 2008

--- On Thu, 12/11/08, Tim Waugh <twaugh at redhat.com> wrote:

> From: Tim Waugh <twaugh at redhat.com>
> Subject: Re: cannot print on rawhide
> To: olivares14031 at yahoo.com, "For testers of Fedora Core development releases" <fedora-test-list at redhat.com>
> Date: Thursday, December 11, 2008, 1:12 AM
> On Wed, 2008-12-10 at 18:27 -0800, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> > I am running rawhide and I cannot print anything :(
>
> I have had several reports of this but have not yet seen
> the
> troubleshoot.txt resulting from running the troubleshooter.
> Help->Troubleshoot from the menu bar in
> system-config-printer.
>
> Tim.
> */

Page 1 (Scheduler not running?):
{'cups_connection_failure': False}
Page 2 (Choose printer):
{'cups_dest': <cups.Dest DESKJET_810C (default)>,
 'cups_instance': None,
 'cups_queue': 'DESKJET_810C',
 'cups_queue_listed': True}
Page 3 (Check printer sanity):
{'cups_device_uri_scheme': u'hp',
 'cups_printer_dict': {'device-uri': u'hp:/usb/DeskJet_810C?serial=MY94M1621WGI',
                       'printer-info': u'HEWLETT-PACKARD DESKJET 810C',
                       'printer-is-shared': True,
                       'printer-location': u'',
                       'printer-make-and-model': u'HP DeskJet 812C Foomatic/hpijs (recommended)',
                       'printer-state': 3,
                       'printer-state-message': u'',
                       'printer-state-reasons': [u'none'],
                       'printer-type': 131072,
                       'printer-uri-supported': u'ipp://localhost:631/printers/DESKJET_810C'},
 'cups_printer_remote': False,
 'hplip_output': (['',
                   '\x1b[01mHP Linux Imaging and Printing System (ver. 2.8.7)\x1b[0m',
                   '\x1b[01mDevice Information Utility ver. 4.1\x1b[0m',
                   '',
                   'Copyright (c) 2001-8 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, LP',
                   'This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.',
                   'This is free software, and you are welcome to distribute it',
                   'under certain conditions. See COPYING file for more details.',
                   '',
                   '',
                   '\x1b[01mhp:/usb/DeskJet_810C?serial=MY94M1621WGI\x1b[0m',
                   '',
                   '\x1b[01mDevice Parameters (dynamic data):\x1b[0m',
                   '\x1b[01m  Parameter                     Value(s)                                                  \x1b[0m',
                   '  ----------------------------  ----------------------------------------------------------',
                   '  agent1-ack                    False                                                     ',
                   '  agent1-desc                   Black cartridge                                           ',
                   '  agent1-dvc                    0                                                         ',
                   '  agent1-health                 0                                                         ',
                   '  agent1-health-desc            Good/OK                                                   ',
                   '  agent1-hp-ink                 False                                                     ',
                   '  agent1-id                     0                                                         ',
                   '  agent1-kind                   3                                                         ',
                   '  agent1-known                  False                                                     ',
                   '  agent1-level                  0                                                         ',
                   '  agent1-level-trigger          0                                                         ',
                   '  agent1-sku                    15 (C6615DN)                                              ',
                   '  agent1-type                   1                                                         ',
                   '  agent1-virgin                 False                                                     ',
                   '  agent2-ack                    False                                                     ',
                   '  agent2-desc                   Tri-color cartridge                                       ',
                   '  agent2-dvc                    0                                                         ',
                   '  agent2-health                 0                                                         ',
                   '  agent2-health-desc            Good/OK                                                   ',
                   '  agent2-hp-ink                 False                                                     ',
                   '  agent2-id                     0                                                         ',
                   '  agent2-kind                   3                                                         ',
                   '  agent2-known                  False                                                     ',
                   '  agent2-level                  0                                                         ',
                   '  agent2-level-trigger          0                                                         ',
                   '  agent2-sku                    23 (C1823D)                                               ',
                   '  agent2-type                   2                                                         ',
                   '  agent2-virgin                 False                                                     ',
                   '  back-end                      hp                                                        ',
                   '  cups-printer                  DESKJET_810C                                              ',
                   '  cups-uri                      hp:/usb/DeskJet_810C?serial=MY94M1621WGI                  ',
                   '  dev-file                                                                                ',
                   '  device-state                  1                                                         ',
                   '  device-uri                    hp:/usb/DeskJet_810C?serial=MY94M1621WGI                  ',
                   '  deviceid                      MFG:HEWLETT-PACKARD;MDL:DESKJET                           ',
                   '                                810C;CMD:MLC,PCL,PML;CLASS:PRINTER;DESCRIPTION:Hewlett-Pac',
                   '                                kard DeskJet                                              ',
                   '                                810C;SERN:MY94M1621WGI;VSTATUS:$HB0$FC0,ff,DN,IDLE,CUT;   ',
                   '  duplexer                      0                                                         ',
                   '  error-state                   0                                                         ',
                   '  host                                                                                    ',
                   '  in-tray1                      0                                                         ',
                   '  in-tray2                      0                                                         ',
                   '  is-hp                         True                                                      ',
                   '  media-path                    1                                                         ',
                   '  panel                         0                                                         ',
                   '  panel-line1                                                                             ',
                   '  panel-line2                                                                             ',
                   '  photo-tray                    0                                                         ',
                   '  port                          1                                                         ',
                   '  r                             0                                                         ',
                   '  revision                      255                                                       ',
                   '  rg                            000                                                       ',
                   '  rr                            000000                                                    ',
                   '  rs                            000000000                                                 ',
                   '  serial                        MY94M1621WGI                                              ',
                   '  status-code                   1000                                                      ',
                   '  status-desc                   Idle.                                                     ',
                   '  supply-lid                    0                                                         ',
                   '  top-lid                       1                                                         ',
                   '\x1b[01m',
                   'Model Parameters (static data):\x1b[0m',
                   '\x1b[01m  Parameter                     Value(s)                                                  \x1b[0m',
                   '  ----------------------------  ----------------------------------------------------------',
                   '  align-type                    2                                                         ',
                   '  clean-type                    1                                                         ',
                   '  color-cal-type                0                                                         ',
                   '  copy-type                     0                                                         ',
                   '  embedded-server-type          0                                                         ',
                   '  fax-type                      0                                                         ',
                   '  fw-download                   0                                                         ',
                   '  icon                          DESKJET_840C.png                                          ',
                   '  io-mfp-mode                   6                                                         ',
                   '  io-mode                       1                                                         ',
                   '  io-support                    1                                                         ',
                   '  job-storage                   0                                                         ',
                   '  linefeed-cal-type             0                                                         ',
                   '  model                         DeskJet_810C                                              ',
                   '  model-ui                      HP Deskjet 810c                                           ',
                   '  model1                        Deskjet 810c                                              ',
                   '  panel-check-type              0                                                         ',
                   '  pcard-type                    0                                                         ',
                   '  plugin                        0                                                         ',
                   '  power-settings                0                                                         ',
                   '  pq-diag-type                  0                                                         ',
                   '  r-type                        0                                                         ',
                   '  r0-agent1-kind                3                                                         ',
                   '  r0-agent1-sku                 15 (C6615DN)                                              ',
                   '  r0-agent1-type                1                                                         ',
                   '  r0-agent2-kind                3                                                         ',
                   '  r0-agent2-sku                 23 (C1823D)                                               ',
                   '  r0-agent2-type                2                                                         ',
                   '  scan-style                    0                                                         ',
                   '  scan-type                     0                                                         ',
                   '  status-battery-check          0                                                         ',
                   '  status-dynamic-counters       0                                                         ',
                   '  status-type                   1                                                         ',
                   '  support-released              1                                                         ',
                   '  support-type                  2                                                         ',
                   '  support-ver                   0.9.5                                                     ',
                   "  tech-class                    ['DJ8xx']                                                 ",
                   "  tech-subclass                 ['Normal']                                                ",
                   '  tech-type                     2                                                         ',
                   '  usb-pid                       0304                                                      ',
                   '  usb-vid                       03f0                                                      ',
                   '',
                   'Done.',
                   ''],
                  ['\x1b[35;01mwarning: Unable to start hp-systray\x1b[0m',
                   '']),
 'is_cups_class': False}
Page 4 (Check PPD sanity):
{'cups_printer_ppd_defaults': {u'General': {u'PageRegion': u'Letter',
                                            u'PageSize': u'Letter',
                                            u'PrintoutMode': u'Draft'},
                               u'PrintoutMode': {u'Quality': u'FromPrintoutMode'}},
 'cups_printer_ppd_valid': True,
 'missing_pkgs_and_exes': ([], [])}
Page 5 (Locale issues):
{'system_locale_lang': 'en_US',
 'user_locale_ctype': 'en_US',
 'user_locale_messages': 'en_US'}
Page 6 (Local or remote?):
{'printer_is_remote': False}
Page 7 (Choose device):
{'cups_device_dict': {'device-class': u'direct',
                      'device-id': u'MFG:HP;MDL:DeskJet 810C;CLS:PRINTER;DES:DeskJet 810C;SN:MY94M1621WGI;',
                      'device-info': u'HP DeskJet 810C USB MY94M1621WGI HPLIP',
                      'device-make-and-model': u'HP DeskJet 810C'}}
Page 8 (Check USB permissions):
{'getfacl_output': [('Bus 002 Device 002: ID 03f0:0304 Hewlett-Packard DeskJet 810c/812c',
                     ['# file: dev/bus/usb/002/002',
                      '# owner: root',
                      '# group: root',
                      'user::rw-',
                      'user:olivares:rw-',
                      'group::r--',
                      'group:lp:rw-',
                      'mask::rw-',
                      'other::r--'])]}
Page 9 (Print test page):
{'test_page_attempted': True,
 'test_page_job_status': [],
 'test_page_submit_failure': (1030, 'client-error-not-found'),
 'test_page_successful': True}

Thanks,

Antonio