crontab problems with pam

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 12 00:42:18 UTC 2008

Dear fellow testers,

I have a crontab on my machine which plays music when the janitor(s) clean my room in the afternoon.  It plays music from a playlist that I have.  I tried to modify the times when the music starts playing and stops, but (PAM) got in the way :(

[olivares at riohigh ~]$ crontab -l

Authentication service cannot retrieve authentication info
You (olivares) are not allowed to access to (crontab) because of pam configuration.

I wonder what happened, I could edit it and modify it and it would work, but not tonight.  What can I do to get the functionality back?

Thanks,

Antonio