update system-config-network

John5342 john5342 at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 18 20:46:48 UTC 2008

2008/12/18 iarly selbir <iarlyy at gmail.com>

> I already tested 'yum update system-config-network
> --enablerepo=updates-testing'.
>
> on update system, the status is pending*, but user *nsoranzo *already
> tested it.
>

> * this means that available on repository ?  or is pending to add on
> repository?
>

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
>
> - -
> iarly selbir ( Ski0s )
>

> On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 4:59 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan <
> pocallaghan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 1:27 PM, iarly selbir <iarlyy at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > This package already exists in the updates-testing repository?
>>
>> Why don't you find out directly?
>>
>> yum --enablerepo=updates-testing info system-config\*
>>
>> poc
>>
>> --
>>

> --

The update your reffering to is indeed pending and should be going to
updates-testing with the next push.

If the package has already been tested by someone before it has reached a
repo it means that they must have downloaded directly. You can do so
yourself by clicking on the builds at the top and installing all the
packages together using "yum localinstall <the downloaded package(s)>" but
beware that a number of updates going to testing may rely on other updates
also pending for testing so i wouldnt recomment the manual approach unless
you know what your doing.

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and
those who don't...