how to handle now sound control needs?

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Sun Dec 21 22:39:22 UTC 2008

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 09:12:46AM +0100, drago01 wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 8:46 AM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
> >
> > Now maybe that page is incorrect, so I'll ask: What options are there for
> > people who want to tweak their hardware mixer settings from GNOME for
> > whatever reason?
>
> you shouldn't have to.
> Pulseaudio abstract the "tons of different mixers provided by alsa" to
> something clear to the user.

I believe when I will see it.  So far when I encounter a statement
of that sort I invariably end up screwed in some moment.  After a
while those thing mostly work but an operative word here is
"mostly".  An outside world is a messy place.

Also nobody bothered to mention how somebody "command line averse"
is supposed to get to whatever was left of those controls. If I
missed something on http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/VolumeControl
then I do not know where.  If the current state is just "rawhide
temporary" then at least this question would be answered.

   Michal