Adobe Reader hanging with current Rawhide

Jonathan Kamens jik at kamens.brookline.ma.us
Mon Dec 22 16:49:32 UTC 2008

FYI, with completely current packages from Rawhide on an i686 machine using
the VESA Xorg driver, every time I try to run acroread (from
AdobeReader_enu-8.1.3-1.i486.rpm), the window pops up, displays the first
page, and hangs.  If I strace the process, it's stuck in futex().

I'm not filing a bug about this because I have no idea what component to
file it under.  It's also a toss-up as to whether it represents a Fedora bug
at all, as opposed to an Adobe Reader bug, but I suppose that since Reader
worked before, doesn't know, and hasn't changed, that would make it a Reader
bug.