Fedora 10 Reinstall

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Sat Dec 27 22:52:50 UTC 2008

Over the last few days I reconfigured my server to get around
the bottleneck caused by the Promise SATA controller and
3com 3c905c ethernet fighting for the PCI bus.

One note on the Promise controller - the onboard rom bios
does strange things to the motherboard's drive order.  The
only solution I came up with is to remove the Promise board
before installing Linux or anything else.

This time I installed Fedora and then all the updates before
getting down to configuring the system.  About 770 MB of
updates.....   Time for a respin?

WIth an up to date system I noticed that network setup for
two networks is still broken.  I had to disable neteork-manager,
enable network, set the GUI profiles, and then fix the
/etc/sysconf/network-scripts files by hand just as before.

--
Chuck Forsberg    caf at omen.com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665