Where has the F10 DVD iso file gone?

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Wed Dec 31 15:26:33 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 06:16:27AM -0700, Christopher A. Williams wrote:
> But again, if we are to go this far, why not go the extra step and make
> monthly updated ISOs available instead?

It is really a lot more difficult than you might think.  Doing this
"in-house" would put a stress on the already overworked releng team.
The mirrors would need more space to store these extra ISOs.
Bandwidth would be needed for mirroring and end-user downloads.
Efforts would need to be spent doing QA on these respins.  All of
these tasks would detract developers and testers from working on the
next Fedora release and maintaining the current ones.

Not to mention--there already is a project to do respins, Fedora
Unity.  Ask them how much work it has been.  If you want to improve
their distribution method, then help them out instead of complaining
that Fedora should do the work instead.  Perhaps you could start your
own mirror with ISO downloads of Fedora Unity respins.