missing components in kde

José Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Mon Feb 4 18:43:15 UTC 2008

On Monday 04 February 2008 18:28:43 Rex Dieter wrote:

> Most of thost are in kdebase, kate is in kdesdk.
>
> You can refresh things to make sure you have all bits of the default
> install by issueing:
> yum groupinstall kde-desktop
>
> -- Rex

In one of our machines here, while updating the packages using the F-8
packages from kde-redhat, kdebase was removed during the update. It was weird
that there was not any dependency on kdebase. :-)

Installing kdebase fixed the problem. I am not sure if this is related but it
seems that under some conditions the update path does not work as expected. I
can not add anything more than this uneducated guess. :-)

--
José Abílio