missing components in kde

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Mon Feb 4 18:59:10 UTC 2008

Jesse Keating wrote:

> On Mon, 04 Feb 2008 12:28:43 -0600
> Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:
>
>> You can refresh things to make sure you have all bits of the default
>> install by issueing:
>> yum groupinstall kde-desktop
>
> If this is necessary, wouldn't that be an indication of improper
> Obsoletes/Provides for upgrade paths?

Well, what was formerly known as kdebase was split into 2:
kdebase-workspace
kdebase
The former includes the Obsoletes: kdebase < 4 since it contains what now
constitutes what is the main part of the kde(4) desktop.

The alternative was to allow upgrades miss kdebase-workspace, which would be
much worse.

That is, unless there's some other better solution to this issue.  I'm open
to ideas and suggestions.

-- Rex