Rawhide xdvik obsoleted by F8 tetex-xdvi

Matthew Saltzman mjs at CLEMSON.EDU
Mon Feb 4 23:31:49 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-02-03 at 12:28 -0500, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-02-02 at 12:52 -0800, Andrew Farris wrote:
>
> >   You can use the yum-versionlock plugin to prevent a specific package from
> > being updated, or you can use yum-priorities to just keep one repository higher
> > priority than another.  Since you're trying to get texlive from rawhide to work,
> > just use what rawhide is providing.
>
> OK I will look at that for a workaround.

This didn't work so well.  yum is still trying to replace xdvik from
Rawhide with texet-xdvi from updates.

        $ sudo yum update
        Password:
        Setting up and reading Presto delta metadata
        No Presto metadata available for livna
        No Presto metadata available for fedora
        No Presto metadata available for adobe-linux-i386
        No Presto metadata available for updates
         * livna: mirrors.tummy.com
         * fedora: mirror.newnanutilities.org
         * adobe-linux-i386: linuxdownload.adobe.com
         * updates: mirror.newnanutilities.org
        0 packages excluded due to repository protections
        Reading version lock configuration
        Setting up Update Process
        Resolving Dependencies
        --> Running transaction check
        ---> Package tetex-xdvi.x86_64 0:3.0-44.3.fc8 set to be updated
        --> Finished Dependency Resolution

        Dependencies Resolved

         Package                 Arch       Version          Repository
        Size
        Installing:
         tetex-xdvi              x86_64     3.0-44.3.fc8     updates
        906 k
             replacing  xdvik.x86_64 22.84.13-10.fc9

        Transaction Summary
        Install      1 Package(s)
        Update       0 Package(s)
        Remove       0 Package(s)

        Total download size: 906 k
        Is this ok [y/N]: n
        Exiting on user Command
        Complete!

        $ cat versionlock.list
        0:xdvik-22.84.13-10.fc9.x86_64

Also tried yum-protectbase, but that only protects a repo if the repo is
enabled.  So yum update tries to install tetex-xdvi but yum
--enablerepo=development does not.  But of course, I don't want
development enabled most of the time.

--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Mathematical Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu
http://www.math.clemson.edu/~mjs