no official U.S. time displayed

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Tue Feb 5 00:00:25 UTC 2008

On 2/4/08, Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> It does not work for me :(
>
> only flash and mplayer-plugin are present.  I might
> need to recompile mplayer against new gcc and
> recompile mplayer-plugin as well.
>
> The gcj/iced tea was working previously and now it
> isn't.

I just had a similar problem with my wife's account on my F-8 laptop
that I upgraded to rawhide's firefox and xulrunner.  On my login
firefox was fine and "about:plugins" showed all the plugins that I
expected.  On her login firefox showed no plugins installed.  Turned
out to be the icon from the panel that she was launching firefox with.
 It was running "/usr/lib/firefox-3.0b3pre/firefox" directly rather
than going through the run-mozilla.sh script in the same directory.
After changing the icon to just run "firefox" things started working
as expected.

Jeff