Software raid devices not starting -- udev prob?

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Tue Feb 5 14:52:29 UTC 2008

Hi, all:

After the rawhide update on 20080104 some of my software raid devices
are not starting.  I saw where raid devices are now being started by udev:

> initscripts-8.63-1
> ------------------
> * Fri Feb 01 2008 Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> - 8.63-1
> - don't start RAID arrays in rc.sysinit, that's done by udev (corollary of #429604)
> - add a NetworkManager-dispatcher script that does netreport on interface changes
> - use udev rules to set the clock, avoiding issues with modular rtcs (#290731)

I can manually start them with mdadm --assemble /dev/md* --scan

but this does no good when I need arrays to start on bootup.

My mdadm.conf file uses UUIDs to identify the raid members.

Could udev be the problem?
--
Regards,

Old Fart
(my reply-to address is "munged" to defeat spambots)