Xorg lockups on rawhide (Was: F9 Alpha and Trackpoint)

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Thu Feb 7 01:59:29 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-02-06 at 11:27 -0500, Izhar Firdaus wrote:
> On Feb 6, 2008 11:10 AM, Izhar Firdaus <kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I have tried installing with no problem. But as soon as I am starting up x
> > > freezes and not allowing me to do anything..
> > > Manage to change my init but still no luck. I think it has something to do
> > > with my ATI card. I always have trouble with it..(X1600)
> > >  Chris
> >
> > I'm also experiencing X lockups when:
> >   -> after X exits
> >   -> running 3d apps (eg: glxgears)
> >   -> switch VT
> >
> > perhaps its the drivers or Xorg itself
>
> Is there already a bugreport for this? , I've searched and couldn't
> find it. But my keywords search might have missed it.

You may need to manually edit your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file and change
the device driver to vesa to get it working.  Maybe afterwards if you
get X to at least start, you might make sure your driver package is
installed, as mine wasn't, which was the radeonhd driver.  Once
installed and setup, working just fine so far (ATI x1300 card).

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"The best lil town on Earth!"