Intermittant software raid issues with rawhide, what component to file against?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Feb 8 17:51:11 UTC 2008

On Fri, Feb 08, 2008 at 11:06:23 -0500,
  Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> wrote:
> Bruno Wolff III (bruno at wolff.to) said:
> > > Currently, I am having issues with a rawhide installation and software raid
> > > since the raidsets are no longer started by sysinit, but are supposedly
> > > started by udev.  I have to do a manual mdadm --assemble /dev/mdX --scan to
> > > get some of the arrays going.
> >
> > Does that mean udev is probably the correct component to file a bug in this
> > case?
>
> The udev rules are designed (intentionally) to only assemble arrays that
> are in the mdadm.conf file. Are these arrays listed there?

Yes. In fact those were the only ones I saw problems with. (But I haven't
seen the problem enough to know if that is by luck or not.)
The two arrays listed were my /boot and an alternate version I have mounted
as /otherboot .
My swap array also has two elements. / and /home only have one element.
None of those are in /etc/mdadm.conf, but something is setting up those arrays
or the system wouldn't be able to finish booting.