DRAFT announcement of triage team re-launch - please comment

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 03:15:24 UTC 2008

This is a DRAFT announcement, feedback, thoughts. comments, flames,
etc always welcomed.  This is to go to f-announce-l, f-devel-a, and
here.

<announcement>
Announcing the re-launch of the Fedora Bug Triage team!

What does the triage team do?  We are the first line of defense of
Fedora developers in assisting them in dealing with the enormous
workload of bug management.  This includes things like asking the
reporter for more information if needed, attempting to reproduce the
bug if you are able and have the necessary hardware to do so, and
finding duplicate bugs.

It is important to note that no particular education or background is
required in order to triage bugs.  In particular, no programming
experience is required.

Have you ever reported a bug, but been frustrated because no one
responded to it?  Have you been annoyed by having bugs mass-closed on
you, but no one had ever responded to it originally?

Do you not know how to program, but want to find a meaningful way to
contribute to Fedora?  Do you have a genuine desire to help people?

If so, then the triage team is for you!  We are going to arrange some
training sessions.  We don't yet know what days or times these will be
held. that's up to you!  If you are already a Fedora contributor,
there is a sign-up page available at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/Training.  If you are not
already a contributor, you will not be able to edit that page quite
yet.

But fear not!  There's help to be found on how to become a contributor
at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/Joining, and the people
that can be found on freenode IRC in #fedora-qa are always eager to
help.
</announcement>

I felt compelled to include the part directing folks to our joining
page if they're not already a contributor, since there's a part that
says 'sign up here for a training class'.  However, if they've not
signed the CLA as of yet, they will not be able to edit the page in
order to sign up.  Some better language around that would be awesome.