encrypted swap using alpha

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Feb 12 00:42:09 UTC 2008

On Mon, Feb 11, 2008 at 14:50:18 -0500,
  Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-02-11 at 11:16 -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> > I tried manually setting up partions and had swap using an encrypted raid 1
> > partition.
> > The installer compalined about this and bailed out.
> > Since this is a play install I am going to just let the installer set things
> > up on the next go around.
> > But I was wondering if there is some trick to setting up encrypted swap
> > partitions, or if this is a bug in the installer that is fixed in a later
> > boot.iso or that needs to be bugzillad?
>
> Sounds like a bug.  Bugzilla please so that we can reassign it to
> dlehman :)

I am not getting repeatable behavior. Some installs are failing, but not
consistently. Simple ones seem to be suceeding. Maybe this is related to
the raid issue. I need to look at things more carefully tomorrow, when
I get another chance to work on it.

When the installer crashes, one of the options is to send some debugging
output to another host, but it wasn't obvious to me what protocol was
going to be used. Am I supposed to have an ftp server at the destination
or something else?