Including radeonhd in beta?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Feb 12 14:02:54 UTC 2008

I noticed (and it was pointed out here previously) that the radeonhd
driver was not included in the alpha iso. I have an R530 based video
card that ended up being handled by the radeon driver which then failed,
so that X wouldn't start. I had to manually set the driver to vesa to
get it to work. Due to some other problems I haven't had a chance to test
the radeonhd driver (and won't get another chance until tomorrow), but it
seems it could have hardly have been worse using it than what actually
happened.
In my opinion it seems like it would be better to include it than not
(unless it causes problems for cards that are supported by the radeon
driver).