Including radeonhd in beta?

Christopher Brown snecklifter at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 15:08:25 UTC 2008

On 12/02/2008, Fastie <fastie81 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
> Ok but can we get rid of the radeon driver then.
> So when you install the system you get the vesa driver witch will let you at
> lease boot in to X.
> Chris

The radeon driver is the one getting updated. The situation should be
improving quickly now that ati have released specs. The indications
may be that you have 3d stuff working for F9 release. I would be
inclined to CC yourself into a bugzilla entry which matches your setup
(or create a new one) and track progress there. Disabling a driver
under development is not the best solution. qv. wireless drivers.

Cheers

--
Christopher Brown

http://www.chruz.com