during install, what means "encrypt system"?

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Wed Feb 13 13:28:58 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-02-13 at 06:33 -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> how much of the "system" does that refer to?  thanks.

As Jon said, it's everything except any architecture-specific booting
partitions + /boot[1].  The lower-level detail is that we create the
physical volumes used in our volume groups on top of LUKS devices.

Open to better/different wording, although as always, not huge amounts
of space for a super long description.

Jeremy

[1] Involving things like PReP boot partitions on PPC, /boot/efi on
ia64, etc.