Rawhide report

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Wed Feb 20 15:48:26 UTC 2008

I copied the current x86_64  diskboot.img to a flash drive,
then checked it with cmp.  All it does is display "boot error"
on the monitor.  An older version of diskboot worked on
this machine - Asus a8n-e with 3000+ CPU.

Rawhide on a Core Duo and Nvidia 7950 - selecting Desktop Effects
replaces the desktop with a non functional white screen,
but the cursor and ctrl-alt-bs still work.  This is with default X settings.

I would like to see the next release support the following.
Desktop: Compiz and all the nice eye candy.  Blackberry support.

Server: Effective SPAM filtering including sender verification,
easy and intuitive to set up.   Blackberry Enterprise mail server.

--
Chuck Forsberg    caf at omen.com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665