FC9x64 recognize only 3.2 GB

Nathan Grennan fedora-test-list at cygnusx-1.org
Thu Feb 21 20:48:23 UTC 2008

Enrique Garcia wrote:
> I have Intel Core Duo with Asus P5K Motherboard with 4xDIMM DDR2 800 1GB RAM
>
> In the manual of Asus P5K Motherboard say that some 32 bits operation
> system. only recognize less than 3 GB and the Motherboard support
> maximun 8GB
> FC9x64 only reconize 3.2 like FC8x32 and FC9x32.
>
> It's a motherboard issue or really depend on operation system????
>
> Regards
>
> PD: in the manual  say "if you install Windows XP/Vista 32bit
> operation system a total memory of less than 3GB is recommended"

  Go into your bios and turn in the memory remap option. I think it is
under advanced somewhere. It takes me up from 3.2gb to 3969mb, missing
127mb.

  I have two ASUS P5B motherboards. One is Deluxe and one is Premium,
basically the same board. Both have this option in the bios. On my Abit
AB9 Pro board it is automatic. I did have a problem at first with this
option where I had to disable agp on boot to prevent an oops, but this
problem seems to have gone away.