Upgrading F7 to F8

Markus Kesaromous remotestar at live.com
Thu Feb 21 23:38:08 UTC 2008

 I have tried upgrading my F7 installation to F8. The upgrade
 process pops up a progress banner
 "Checking dependencies in packages selected for installation"
 After about 8 hours, and the progress bar is still at what
 looks like 99.9999% finished. It never finishes!

 I searched the web and found the the same problem is
 being encountered by user the VBox virtual machine
 who wants to upgrade a guest OS from F7 to F8 and
 reports permanent hang at same state - i.e 99.999%
 finished but never completes the dependency check
 in order to move forward.