Volume apple not loaded after latest updates

Horst H. von Brand vonbrand at inf.utfsm.cl
Sat Feb 23 21:47:54 UTC 2008

Andrew Farris <lordmorgul at gmail.com> wrote:

> Antonio M wrote:
> > 2008/2/23, Antonio M <antonio.montagnani at gmail.com>:

> > I get a message that there is an error in settings daemon for GNOME
> > and other notes about themes sound etc that migh not work!!!
> > I remember that this is not the first time that we occurred in this error.

> Can you not post the actual error?  If it is in a dialog you should
> find it in ~/.xsession-errors.  Without the details there is nothing
> to discuss about this problem.

This is for XFCE4 (Gnome is broken beyond use right now):

/usr/bin/startxfce4: X server already running on display :0
E: main.c: read() failed: Invalid argument
E: main.c: daemon startup failed.
process 28433: dbus_shutdown() called but connections were still live. This probably means the application did not drop all its references to bus connections.
  D-Bus not built with -rdynamic so unable to print a backtrace
/etc/xdg/xfce4/xinitrc: line 17: 28433 Aborted                 /usr/bin/pulseaudio -D
** Message: This build doesn't include support for XF86Misc extension
** Message: Querying Xkb extension
** Message: Xkb extension found
** Message: Querying XINPUT extension
** Message: XINPUT extension found
** Message: Querying Xkb extension
** Message: Xkb extension found

** (xfdesktop:28471): CRITICAL **: settings_register_callback: assertion `cb && user_data && mcs_client' failed

** (xfdesktop:28471): CRITICAL **: settings_register_callback: assertion `cb && user_data && mcs_client' failed
** Message: Another GPG agent already running

Unable to connect to yum-updatesd.  Please ensure that the yum-updatesd
package is installed and that the service is running.
Unable to connect to yum-updatesd.  Please ensure that the yum-updatesd
package is installed and that the service is running.
Error: No running window found