RPM problem

Alan alan at clueserver.org
Mon Feb 25 20:22:55 UTC 2008

> On 02/25/2008 01:56 PM, Alan wrote:
>> I am encountering a problem that needs some sort of fix.  Not urgent,
>> but
>> it is something that eventually needs to be solved.
>>
>> I have a laptop that has heat issues.  Given a hard enough workload it
>> will overheat and shutdown.  (I have yet to find out where the
>> temperature
>> setting is at for this shutdown.  Hints would be much appreciated.)
>>

> Does it always overheat or does it only happen after a suspend/resume
> cycle?

I don't use suspend/resume.  It overheats when it his max cpu for over 2
minutes or so and I don't have it propped up for extra airflow.  (It has
big fan intakes on the bottom of the laptop.)

There is no control in the bios setup to adjust temperature controls. It
is an  HP zv5200.  It was pretty nice three+ years ago.  Getting a big
worn now.