F9alpha and KDE4

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Feb 26 07:04:57 UTC 2008

Rex Dieter <rdieter <at> math.unl.edu> writes:
> > KDE4 wont't be bad once it's finished.
>
> nod.  We've got a few months of polish and developing before f9 is released.

Where "a few" = 2. ;-) But that means 2 more bugfix releases (4.0.2 is actually
coming very soon), and for Plasma (the main workspace component) also some
feature backports, so yes, the situation will improve for F9 final.

We will also try to get 4.1 into F9 updates once it's ready, it should be
possible, there was already the 3.4->3.5 upgrade in FC4 which went pretty well,
and it will be worth it for 4.0->4.1.

        Kevin Kofler