SELinux is preventing plugin-config from making the program stack executable/seamonkey

Tom London selinux at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 17:44:07 UTC 2008

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 8:34 AM, Will Woods <wwoods at redhat.com> wrote:

>  On Feb 26, 2008, at 8:29 AM, Antonio Olivares wrote:
>
>  > Dear all,
>  >
>  > I have changed the stack to allow firefox to use the
>  > stack, then I reverted.  I read Jim's exchange with
>  > Mr. Dan Walsh and there it was mentioned about
>  > nspluginwrapper.  I installed it and I see the
>  > following every time I start firefox/seamonkey.
>
>  The execstack message is almost certainly because of a plugin you have
>  installed - I've never seen this on any machine unless I've installed
>  some (3rd-party, binary) plugins.
>
>  What plugins have you installed?
>
>  -w

I notice this in ~/.xsession-errors:

LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
/opt/real/RealPlayer/mozilla/nphelix.so
[/opt/real/RealPlayer/mozilla/nphelix.so: cannot enable executable
stack as shared object requires: Permission denied]

Antonio, any similar messages for you?

tom

[BTW, 'execstack -q nphelix.so' shows:
X /opt/real/RealPlayer/mozilla/nphelix.so

So I'm guessing the toolchain is expressly marking this as needed an
executable stack.....]
--
Tom London