2.6.24.3-12 for F8, and other stuff...

Gilbert Sebenste sebenste at weather.admin.niu.edu
Wed Feb 27 15:06:15 UTC 2008

Just an FYI...

2.6.24.3-12 works fine on F8, EXCEPT that for some reason, I had to delete
my network profile on system-config-network (SCN), and then reinstall my
network cards using SCN. Before I did that, It would display my eth0 card
as "eth0.bak", and not work. Eth1 (I have two cards) didn't show up at
all. Rebooting back to 2.6.23.15 got them back. In either case, I am on
2.6.24.3-12, with all my network cards present and working fine now,
after reinstalling both.

Also, when I do an autologin on a non-root account using Gnome, I get a
message I don't get when I log into root: A dialog box says Gnome expects
a keyboard of something else, rather thanthe one X has found. The dialog
box asks me if I want to use the keyboard that X found or Gnome found. If
I use what Gnome found, the keyboard doesn't work. If I use what X found, it
works fine. How can I tell it to always use the one X found, or is there a
deeper issue that needs to be addressed here?

Thanks,

Gilbert