gdm does not login any user, cycles back again and again

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 27 20:19:03 UTC 2008

--- "Horst H. von Brand" <vonbrand at inf.utfsm.cl>
wrote:

> Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > after applying today's updates, gdm refuses to
> login
> > any users.
>
> That isn't particularly new... use XDM.
>
> /etc/sysconfig/desktop:
> DISPLAYMANAGER=XDM
> --
> Dr. Horst H. von Brand                   User #22616
> counter.li.org
> Departamento de Informatica                    Fono:
> +56 32 2654431
> Universidad Tecnica Federico Santa Maria
> +56 32 2654239
> Casilla 110-V, Valparaiso, Chile               Fax:
> +56 32 2797513

Might consider it.  Does it autologin a regular user?
Kdm has also been suggested.  I am amazed that I have
three choices and do not know which one to get

1 gdm
2 kdm
3 xdm

Which one is working the best?  That should be the one
that I should get and forget about login problems or
resort to start in level 3 and login and type startx
and move on.

Regards,

Antonio