rawhide report: 20080229 changes - X is gone

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Fri Feb 29 20:42:50 UTC 2008

So far it looks that this set of updates killed my X quite
thoroughly.  An attempt to start it end up with a dead screen and
stopping X does not help.  Only a reboot forces re-initialization of
a screen by BIOS.  A keyboard is still operational as I can reboot
from it "in blind".

In logs I see at the bottom:

(II) RADEON(0): [drm] register handle = 0xfce00000
(II) RADEON(0): [dri] Visual configs initialized

Backtrace:

and that is all.  Backing off the previous version of xorg-x11-drv-ati
does not help.

Oh, I see, already reported.
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/attachment.cgi?id=296273r
Just added some hints how to avoid that bug.

   Michal